Here There Be Vampires

Here There Be Vampires

Creative Commons

Armando Tellez, Staff Writer

Vampires are real. All the myths we’ve heard and read about are true. They’re immortal, their greatest fears are wooden stakes, and yes, they suck blood to survive. They’re fascinating supernatural beings, so when one of them approached me for an exclusive interview, I knew I had to take it.

The vampire: Addison Holden, currently a junior at Keller High School. When we first met, I have to admit, I was skeptical. The story seemed too much like a fantasy, but she was telling the truth. And it made sense. Moving around the world so often, it had to be for a specific reason. Stuck in the body of a 17-year-old girl, staying put is not an option.

But she’s not dangerous. She abstains from consuming human blood, opting instead for animal blood.

“It’s been a long time since I became a vampire. I got turned by my friend Harrison Pope,” said Holden, reminiscing about the past.

But you have nothing to fear from Holden. As she told me during the interview, she’s a friendly vampire who abstains from drinking human blood. “I opt for animal blood. I’m the vegan version of a vampire,” said Holden.

Ultimately, my fellow peers here at KHS, we have nothing to fear from vampires. As long as they’re vegan like Holden, we can remain in harmonious interaction with the undead.