Whata Homecoming!

Mackenzie Tomlinson, Spotlight Editor

Under the faint glow of the Keller Smithfield streetlights, the students of Keller High danced, talked, and fell in love at our 2016 Homecoming. Though some had their doubts, the Whataburger parking lot was the perfect venue for the event. Though the restaurant is most used by students as a Keller vs. Timber fight club, became as classy as a French cafe for students to get down to clean versions of late 2015- early 2016 rap and pop songs.

There were some issues, though. “I couldn’t take off my high heels because of the hundreds of soggy fries that littered the ground,” complained Senior Sam Mohr. Turns out fried potato products were the least of our worries once Timber creek’s football team showed up after a two day Twitter argument over which school deserved their name on the water tower, despite Timber creek not even being located in Keller. Armed with their determined spirits and their pickup trucks, the two schools began a small suburban brawl for their honor. After a long hard fought battle, Nobody won.

After the excitement of the fight, students went back to dancing/grinding to their favorite hits, such as Desiigner’s “Panda,” and Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda.” The evening’s romantic slow dance took place as the gentle acoustic rhythms and romantic undertones of Fetty Wap’s Grammy-winning “Trap Queen.” Though half the words were censored, everyone sang them anyway, which causes one to wonder why they even bother to censor them in the first place.

“Homecoming was a bet. It was pretty live.” Said Jacob Mitchell.
I think the translation of that is that homecoming was fun. And Jacob is right. If you didn’t go to Homecoming this year, you should definitely clear your schedule for next year, where we will dance the night away inside Canes.