Last Minute Prom Dress Shopping

Still searching for the perfect prom dress? Time is running out.

Max Pixel/ Creative Commons Zero - CC0

Gwen Morovitz, Assistant Editor

Senior prom is a night every high school student waits for. The dates, the dresses, the limos, the friendships, everything coming together for one night only a short time before graduation.

For girls, the biggest struggle is finding the perfect dress to commemorate the occasion. A big factor is making sure your dress isn’t the same or too similar to another girl’s, which is why many people begin their search for the perfect dress months before the actual event. A student has even taken to creating an Instagram account for girls to submit their dresses to be posted, in order to avoid having multiple girls wearing the same dress and so that girls can have a chance to see what types of dresses they like or dislike.

The prom is on April 27, making it less than a month away. Many have already found their dress and shoes and are on the way to planning their whole evening out with their group of friends, but some haven’t even found a dress yet.

The best places to find a beautiful dress fast for a great price are all around us. Northeast Mall has Windsor, Nordstrom, and Dillard’s, all with great prices and nice dresses.

If you’re looking for a little more higher quality such as Sherri Hill, Terry Costa in Dallas is a perfect spot. A popular place to find all these designer dresses is a Whatchamacallit, also located in Dallas. Both shops carry beautiful dresses with an extensive selection to ensure you find just what you’re looking for.

Finding the perfect dress may seem like a scary task, but with a couple good friends tagging along you can make the shopping experience fun as you search for the perfect dress.