Keller’s 37th Annual Craft Show

Creative Commons

Cindy Ciotta, Managing Editor

As the Christmas holiday approaches quickly, so does the looming, obligatory, and unnecessary spending on gifts we don’t need but seriously enjoy purchasing in light of the holiday spirit. Sometimes finding just the right gift for your family and friends can be overwhelmingly stressful. Such as where you should go to buy the gifts: do you choose to simply use Amazon, make a trip to Target, or a even a favorite boutique? And once you get there, the variables continue… If you’re looking for Christmas gifts this season (which you obviously should be), a great suggestion is to visit a craft show.

The Indianettes are hosting the 37th Annual Craft Show which will be held at Keller High School on December 1 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and December 2 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The admission is completely free, as well as the parking. If you have little ones, there will also be a babysitting care to watch the children while you shop. There will be over 200 specialty vendors, a silent auction, and a bake sale.

The silent auction will consist of countless themes of gift baskets made by individual Indianettes and their squads. Some themes will include baskets such as “Grillin’ and Chillin’,” “Baby Shower,” “Cozy Christmas,” “Dental Hygiene,” “Campfire,” “Movie Night,” and many more. It is likely that if you can think of the theme, they will have it. Basket bids will start at a minimum of $25 dollars and proceeds from these baskets will go towards supporting Indianettes.

In addition to shopping for baskets at the Craft Show, Grubbs Infiniti car dealership will have a section set up in the front entrance of the school that same Saturday Dec. 1 from 11am to 2pm. Any adult age 18 or older may take a test drive. After taking a short questionnaire, about five questions or so, $20 dollars will be donated to the Indianettes for each participant. Last year the Indianettes made $1000 dollars from this fundraiser.

Come out this Saturday and Sunday to pick up your last minute Christmas gifts, take some test drives with Grubbs Infiniti, and support the Keller community.

Cindy Ciotta, Co-Managing Editor

Hello! My name is Cindy Ciotta and I’m a managing editor. I’m a senior and  this is my third year writing for the Wigwam. We cover stories ranging...