Students Serving Others

Hannah Webb, Editor-in-Chief

Student-led organizations are an undeniable staple at Keller High School, but this spring, one student organization plans to take its leadership to the next level. Student Council has been planning a flag football tournament, fittingly coined “Win It 4 Wendi,” as it will benefit one of Keller High’s own math teachers.

Mrs. Wendi Jones has been battling breast cancer for the past few years, and all the money raised from the tournament will go to Jones’s family to assist with her fight against breast cancer.

So far, Student Council has garnered 12 teams to participate in the tournament and has been selling shirts to help raise money as well. Anyone is welcome to participate in the tournament, including teachers, students, administrators, and even kids from different schools. The point of the tournament is not who is playing in it, but to raise money for someone we all know and care about here in Keller.

“Organizing such a huge event to honor one of our favorite teachers has been amazing. It’s been the best experience working with my fellow student council members to help support a member of the KHS family,” Reid Parry, one of the leaders of the initiative said.

Even if you don’t want to play in the tournament, anyone is still welcome to come watch. The tournament will take place on Thursday, April 5 beginning at 6:00 pm. (And if that isn’t enough to convince you, the AP’s and counselors will be doing a special dance during the halftime show.)