Places to Eat in Keller

Places to Eat in Keller

creative commons

Gwen Morovitz, Staff Writer

Many say that around Keller there are no good places to enjoy a good bite to eat. However, many don’t realize that while there may be about a million chicken places all within a mile of one another, Keller has other tasty and affordable options to choose from.

In regards to fast food, taking a drive down Keller Parkway can pretty much cover the extent of it in our area, such as the multiple chicken restaurants: Zaxby’s, Chicken Express, Raising Cane’s, and Chick-fil-A. All are amazing but some students, especially here on the Wigwam staff, have found a special appreciation for Cane’s and their infamous Texas Toast. If you’re looking for a burger or other fast food options, Sonic, Whataburger, and McDonald’s are all also located along Keller Parkway and have decent prices.

While I love fast food every once in a while, I can’t help but prefer a good sit down restaurant with a bit less grease to it sometimes. Great mexican and tex-mex can be found at places such as Kassandra’s (again on Keller Parkway) and the Mexican Inn on 377. If you’re looking for some good barbeque comfort food I personally prefer Spring Creek Barbeque located next to the Mexican Inn on 377. Their ribs are amazing, and the fresh bread rolls are my favorite.

A hearty sub sandwich can be fulfilling and quick too. With Subway and Jersey Mike’s located on Keller Parkway, anyone in Keller is only a few minute’s drive from a classic sandwich made however they please.

If you’re looking for breakfast, throw a stone and odds are you’ll hit a donut shop. Go to any shopping center in Keller and you’ll most likely find one; for example, Keller Donuts right near Keller High School off of Keller Parkway and Pate Orr, and Price Donuts near Dollar General off of 377. But my personal favorite breakfast place in Keller is by-far Seven Mile Cafe off of 377. Their pancakes are enormous, and their coffee is incredible. I love the unique atmosphere that the modern cafe gives off, and it’s a great place to bring your friends on a Saturday morning. Devivo Bros is another favorite among Keller citizens.

And finally, dessert. Ice cream is the best way to top off a good or bad night, whether it’s a drive home from a stressful day at school or your job, or even going out on a quick ice cream date, there are plenty of options to choose from here in Keller. Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers comes first to my mind mainly because of the many fun memories I’ve had there with my friends. Sonic has great ice cream if you’re looking for a quick stop on your way home or out driving, along with Dairy Queen. But I would highly recommend Freddy’s, just because of their great custard, comfortable diner, and friendly staff.

While there are many more places to grab a bite to eat in Keller, these are just a few that I’ve personally experienced and heard good things about from kids here at Keller High. Next time you’re looking for a bite to eat and complain about there not being enough options in Keller, keep an open mind and you’ll notice there’s more to our somewhat-small town than you might think.