KHS Cares About Cancer

Keoni and Owen also rocking white on Wednesday!

Haley Goodman, Editor-n-Chief

Care Week! October 11th through the 14th students were encouraged to show their support through wearing certain colors each day! Here is how the week went!

TUESDAY: WEAR GREY FOR BRAIN CANCER

Student Council started off the week by giving out brain food such as trail mix, goldfish and granola. Brain cancer is often thought of as a tumor in your brain but cancer is actually reserved for malignant tumors. No clear cause has been proven to cause this type of cancer. Tons of kids wore the easy to find, gray in support of the cause!

WEDNESDAY: WEAR WHITE FOR LUNG CANCER

According to the American Lung Association lung cancer is the leading cancer in both men and women, and contributes to 27 percent of all cancer deaths worldwide. Cigarette smoking is the main cause of lung cancer and can be easily avoided by staying drug free starting now! Another common color in the closet, white, was flooding the school Wednesday!

THURSDAY: WEAR PINK FOR BREAST CANCER

Pink out is not a new thing here at Keller. Every year the game against central is themed to fundraise money for the Susan G Komen society. We take pride in Pink Out and it’s always a huge success! This year together the schools raised over $36,000, and the students decked out in all their pink out wear to school and the varsity football game Thursday night.

FRIDAY: WEAR GOLD FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER

Not many students could find gold clothing in their closets, the last day of Care Week was not as big of a success as the rest of the week.  

Some students looking Great In Gray!
Haley Goodman
Some students looking Great In Gray!
Juniors Brittney and Kasey showing their support!
Seniors showing their school spirit!
Haley Goodman
Seniors showing their school spirit!
Students wearing white in support of finding a cure for lung cancer!
Haley Goodman
Haley Goodman
Pink Out Peprally!
Pink Out Pep rally!