Freshman To Senior Year

A Giant Leap

Allison Bracken, Staff Writer

Coming into ninth grade, you aren’t even the slightest bit worried about your senior year yet. You are too consumed with making new friends, getting good grades, becoming popular (whatever it is) the thoughts and worries you have become your life. Then you get to senior year, and those thoughts and worries are miles away. You change as a person. Those friends you tried so hard to make four years ago have come and gone, along with new ones. Many things have changed, but one thing is for sure: you are on the way to becoming your best self.

While you are changing, the school is changing right along side you. New teachers come to replace the old, new classes are added, even how the school looks changes. In Keller’s case, it will change a lot.

Caroline Gillespie, a fellow senior here at Keller High School, feels as though she has changed for the better, along with our school. She says, “The school is a whole new ballgame with the renovations and everything, however it’s nice to have something new,” She discusses how the widened hallways have made her life easier, and how the school just looks nicer. She adds, “freshman to senior year was a giant leap. I’m a lot more comfortable in my own skin. My freshman year I was very insecure, and didn’t really have a lot of friends, and all I wanted was to be one of the ‘popular girls.’ I wasn’t very happy.” Gillespie continues, “Through the years, I really learned to love myself, and have become more happy and laid back.”

When asked what advice she’d give the incoming freshman, Gillespie responded, “Try hard your freshman year. Everyone says that it isn’t a big deal, but it is.” She adds, “Be yourself! Trying to be someone else is just hindering your advancement to be the best you that you can be.” Lastly, she advises, “Enjoy it. While high school may not be ‘the best years of your life’ as people say, you can sure make it awesome by staying positive and having fun. This is where you will make some of your best memories.”

Caroline, along with all other seniors, have learned so many things in their high school career, so make yours count. And remember, freshman to senior year is a Giant Leap.