• Listen to NDN Radio at kndn.playtheradio.com

NFL Free Agency

Evan Starr, Staff Writer

The NFL off-season and free agency is in full swing with players being traded, signed, and extended left and right, leaving some teams feeling great about the upcoming season and others not so much.

The Browns have turned into contenders in their division by signing Odell Beckham, Jr. from the Giants and Jarvis Landry suddenly putting together an intriguing offense to go along with Baker Mayfield.

The New York Giants were huge losers in free agency losing a once in a generation receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and their best defensive player and top safety Landon Collins. This leaves just Saquon Barkley to carry the load for that offense and the defense who was bad last  year just got a lot worse. This just adds to the mistakes the New York front office has made in previous years like thinking Eli Manning is still a quality quarterback and not drafting their future in last years draft.

On the contrary, Giants’ rival the Dallas Cowboys have had a successful off-season. Despite losing Cole Beasley, the boys have added Randall Cobb, George Iloka, and Robert Quinn. Cobb and Iloka they got for a steal of a one year deal and Quinn acquired by trade from Miami for a draft pick. The Cowboys have been smart, not going for the bait of overpaying for Earl Thomas and knowing what they need to win in the upcoming season. And with Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott’s contract expiring next year they need the salary cap space.

Big name free agents have also been on the move, Earl Thomas signed with Ravens, again Odell traded to Browns, Antonio Brown got shipped to Oakland and Le’veon Bell signed with the Jets.

With the draft just a few weeks away, before we know OTA’s and training camp will be upon us. The offseason is always long, but we are getting there football fans. The 2019-2020 season is coming, slowly, but it is coming.

Evan Starr, Staff Writer

9My name is Evan Starr, I am a senior and this is my third year as a staff writer on the Wigwam. I enjoy writing about all things sports the Cowboys, Rangers,...