Keller Hoop Squad

Back to Article
Back to Article

Keller Hoop Squad

Keller Hoop Squad is having a great season.

Pexels/Pixabay

Pexels/Pixabay

Pexels/Pixabay

Kate Lang, Staff Writer

This season the boys’ basketball Team, better known as the Keller Hoop Squad, has an impressive overall record of 23-11.

In district play, the varsity team has achieved a record of 10-7. The team, led by long-time head coach Randall Durant, is ranked 875 in the nation and 109 in the state.

Last night, which was also senior night for the young men, the Keller Hoop Squad went head to head with rival Keller Central. The boys had a great win with a score of 51-50, ending the game with a buzzer beater.

The next game will be held at Southlake Carroll High School against the Dragons. The Southlake men’s varsity basketball team has a record of 16-13 overall and 7-6 in district. The boys should come home with an easy win on February 8.

The team holds seven seniors this year.

TJ Chmiel, who is 6’2 and a starting forward, is playing his last season on the Hoop Squad after three total years of playing for the varsity team.

Charles Banks is a point guard and shooting guard.

Preston Hannah is a 6’1 point guard who leads the team with his signature scrapiness and quick reflexes.

Jakob Filler is playing the role of small forward for his senior season.

Quintan Schank, who is the son of business teacher Megan Schank, is known for utilizing is team and his own talents to the maximum length possible.

The final senior player on the Hoop Squad is 6’3 Ryan Lohse, who plays the role of post.

These boys will be missed next year but were much celebrated last night.