• Listen to NDN Radio at kndn.playtheradio.com

Huge Dallas Mavericks Trade

Evan Starr, Staff Writer

The Mavericks season has already been a success in the eyes of fans, even though they are below .500 and aren’t looking too good for playoff birth, they got Luka. The first round draft pick Luka Doncic has blown up throughout the entire league. Averaging 20 points a game along with 5 assists and 7 rebounds he is doing everything on the court. But somehow, the season just got better for fans and the future is looking even brighter.

The Mavericks agreed to a blockbuster trade with the New York Knicks that sent a shockwave through the NBA. The mavs acquired superstar and 7’3” unicorn Kristaps Porzingis. Dallas gave up two future first round picks, Deandre Jordan, Wesley Matthews, and a future star in Dennis Smith Jr. Acquiring Trey Burke, Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway Jr. and of course Porzingis. The mavs gave up a lot in their point guard of the future Dennis Smith Jr. but in acquiring a huge superstar like Porzingis it is completely worth it even if he will have to sit out for the rest of this year due to a torn ACL he suffered last season it is still completely worth while.

Kristaps is averaging 17 points and 7 rebound a game and shoots almost 40% form the three point line, at 7’3” that is unheard of. He is the perfect addition to this team to play alongside Luka. He is a big man who can stretch the floor and can seemingly score at will. (so basically a younger Dirk Nowitzki)

The only worry I have about this trade is his availability. Porzingis gets injured a lot. He only played in 186 games in 3 complete years, and will sit out the rest of this year for his torn ACL. HIs availability has been must to desired so far in his short career, but he his only 23 and has time. It is a risk that i am willing to run for the talent he brings but it is a concern and Mavericks fans, coaches, and front office are praying it doesn’t get any worse.