Keller Volleyball Game

Kate Lang, Staff Writer

The Keller Volleyball program is having one of their most successful Seasons in years. After welcoming the new Head Coach, Lauren Rao, the Varsity team has had twenty-four wins and only six losses. The program begins District play this friday in the fight to defend their district trophy of last season. The five seniors on Varsity, Anna Simpson, Alex Griffths, Meghan Bubaugh, Emmie Reithman, and Alayna Lumpkin, are very ready and excited to begin District Play. The first District game is this Friday at Keller Central. Junior Varisty play starts at 5:30 and Varisty begins their game shortly after at 6:30. The Football game this week is on Thursday, so The Keller Volleyball Program expects a major crowd at the Keller Central Main Gym. Senior, Co-Captain, and setter/rightside Meghan Blubaugh has been playing on Varsity for three years now, as she started on junior varsity her freshman year. Senior and Co-Captain Emmie Reithman has also been playing on varsity for three years as Libero. Senior and Middle Blocker Alex Griffths is taking on her fourth year on Varisty and has been a starter every year. Senior and Middle Blocker Anna Simpson is also taking on her fourth year on Varsity. The Varsity team also has two Juniors, Outside Hitter, Jayden Nembhard, who is a top recruit to play Collegiate Volleyball, and Kate Lang who committed to Set for The University of Hawai’i last March. Varisty holds five Sophomores, Liberos Sydney Gholson and Cameron Rodgers, and Outside Hitters Kalani Whillock, Kennedy Sutter and Hayley Maxey. The Keller Volleyball program has began the season with a bang, and hopes to further their success as they go deeper into the season.