NBA Playoffs Round 1

Katelyn Day, Staff Writer

The first round of the NBA playoffs has officially come to a close.

For some basketball fans, the outcomes of the series’ were not ideal. The postseason started off on April 14, with the Golden State Warriors kicking off the playoffs in the Western Conference against the San Antonio Spurs. With the Warriors ending the night with a 113-92 win, the reigning NBA champs took a 1-0 lead over the Spurs. The New Orleans Pelicans played the Portland Trail Blazers, barely pulling off a win, with the final score being 97-95. In the Eastern Conference, the Washington Wizards went up against the Toronto Raptors, ending the night with a final score of 114-106, with a Raptors win. To end the night, the Miami Heat played the Philadelphia 76ers, where the Heat fell short of the 76ers 130-103.

On the second night of the NBA playoffs, the Boston Celtics were matched up to play with the Milwaukee Bucks, with Boston earning a 113-97 dub over Milwaukee. The following game of the night was the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Indiana Pacers, with the Pacers taking a 1-0 lead over the 2016 champs, 98-80. In the West, the Utah Jazz played the Oklahoma City Thunder, in a close game with the final score being 116-108 with the thunder getting the win. In the final game of the night, the Houston Rockets barely beat out the Minnesota Timberwolves with a 104-101 ending.

At the end of each series, the Toronto Raptors close out the series in 6 games over the Washington Wizards 4-2. The Cleveland Cavaliers pushed their series against the Indiana Pacers to a game 7, ultimately winning 4-3. The Utah Jazz ended the Oklahoma City Thunders season early in a 4-2 series. The Boston Celtics won in their series 4-3 over the Milwaukee Bucks. Both the Golden State Warriors and the Philadelphia 76ers won their respective series in 5 games against the San Antonio Spurs and the Miami Heat. The Eastern and Western semifinals began on April 28.

Katelyn Day, Staff Writer
I’m Katelyn. I’m a junior and this is my first year writing for The Wigwam. I love the Dallas Mavs and writing. My favorite artist is Harry Styles and I love Torchy’s. I hope you enjoy reading my stories.