Swimmers rule the pool

Swimmers rule the pool

Creative Commons

Armando Tellez, Staff Writer

The Keller High School Swim and Dive Team competed at the UIL Swimming and Diving State Meet Preliminaries on February 17 at the Mansfield ISD Natatorium. Finals were held on February 18.

Below are the results, posted on February 20th.

In the diving competitions, Taylor Ohlhauser placed second, Emily Grund placed fifth and John David Spence placed seventh.

In the swim competitions, Abby Andrusin placed seventh in the 100 back, and placed third in the 100 free, breaking the school record with a time of 50.66. Audrey McMurry placed second in the 500 free with a personal best time of 4:49.33, and eighth in the 200 IM. Peyton Lucas placed sixteenth in the 500 free. Michael Mabry broke his own record in backstroke with a time of 51.45.  

And in the relays, the girls 200 free relay team (Andrusin, Maddie Williams, Megan Hanson and McMurry) took second and broke the team record with a time of 1:35.00. The boys 400 free relay team (Conor Graydon, Adrian Maher, Peyton Lucas and Mabry) broke the team record with a time of 3:08.72 and placed ninth. The boys 200 free relay (Felipe D’Orsi, Graydon, Dylan Tran and Maher) placed fourteenth and the girls 400 free relay (McMurry, Sofia Maher, Hanson and Andrusin) placed third.   

“The team represented Keller well in and out of the pool, and I am very proud of them,” said swim coach Linda Shultz.

Indeed, the Keller High School Swim and Dive team excelled in the 2017 UIL Swimming and Diving State Meet. There were plenty of successes and new accomplishments. Congratulations!