Buzzer Beaters On The Way For Keller Basketball

Airman 1st Class Kerelin Molina

Found in Creative Commons

Jacob Mitchell, Staff Writer

Basketball season is right around the corner and the Keller High School basketball team is ready! With multiple returning starters, emerging stars, and a new district, this season is sure to be one for the books.

After finishing last year as second place in District with a 15-2 record, Keller Basketball is hungry to get back to the top spot. Now that we have changed districts, it will be a little easier to get there.

“The new district gives us a better chance than last year to win but it will still be hardly fought. Every team has a chance so all we can do is try our hardest.” Jared Bowman said, the starting point guard on the team.

The returning starters in Bowman and RJ Nembhard will give the team a good jump on the competition. Both players are key components to the team’s success. Nembhard leads the offense while Bowman locks down the other team on defense.

“I think having two returning starters this year gives us a good advantage because the experience helps our team as a whole,” Bowman said.

Although Bowman and Nembhard are great, they won’t be able to win games on their own. New players such as Preston Hannah, Carson Hughes, Jackson Hataway and many more will be making a major impression on the team this year.

“The players that will be filling the spots of seniors that left last year are playing great and will help our team become successful this year,” Bowman said.

Regardless of your opinion on basketball, this season for Keller is sure to be entertaining. So go out and support the Indians!