Keller Band Stranded in New York City

Back to Article
Back to Article

Keller Band Stranded in New York City

Oto Godfrey

Oto Godfrey

Oto Godfrey

Meleah York, Editor-in-Chief

This is Meleah York, coming to you live from somewhere in the Big Apple…around 34th street-ish. On Sunday, November 18, I left with the Keller Marching Band for our New York trip, where we were participating in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Our performance on Thursday was outstanding. Incredible. We really popped off on national television; it was epic. But on the Friday we were supposed to leave, we were all left behind. Yes. The entire band is now stranded in New York City.

We tried our best to stay together for the first couple of days but the trumpet players decided to go off on their own, you know how they are, and most of the woodwinds found a place to curl up in an alleyway and are probably still there, panicking. Brass players only have the icicles from their instrument valves as food. Saxophone players are eating their reeds. “Y’all” has been wiped from our vocabulary and all we can say now is “Ay, I’m walkin’ here”, probably from trauma but also because people keep honking at us. Oh yeah, and it’s negative eighteen degrees; most of us have frostbite. It is chaos for the Sudler Shield award-winning BOA Grand National and three-time UIL State finalist Keller High School Marching Band.

This is a plea for help. And what platform is better for emergencies like this than the Wigwam site? Hopefully one of our 3.8 occasional readers will get this message. A search and rescue team is desperately needed as soon as possible. I don’t know how people noticed that we were missing as we are a band of nearly four hundred students, but mistakes happen I guess, and sometimes little things can slip through the cracks. Please contact our head band director, Mark McGahey, and let him know of our whereabouts. Please. Our winter concert is next Thursday. And my mom will get mad if I miss finals.

“The Turnip” is a source of parody, satire, and humor and is for entertainment purposes only. Said posts or stories may or may not use real names, always in semi-real and/or mostly, or substantially, fictitious ways. Therefore, all news articles contained within “The Turnip” are works of fiction and constitute fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.
Meleah York, Editor-in-Chief

Hey everyone! My name is Meleah and I am so excited to be Editor-In-Chief of the Wigwam this year! Additionally, I’m a member of the Keller Marching...