Natalie Hornbaker, Staff Writer

Natalie Hornbaker, Staff Writer

These past four years have been almost everything except for slow. It is crazy to think that my high school journey is nearly over and that I am experiencing many of my “lasts.” My last high school football game, my last pep-rally, and my last day walking the halls of Keller High have been drawing closer and closer and soon again I will be restarting, having new “firsts” in college.

I am rarely nostalgic but the thought of wrapping up the past four years and starting over is difficult to grasp when high school is what allowed me to find most of my identity. The smallest moments begin to hold the heaviest place in your heart and things you once would never imagine doing are now daily activities because, why not, it’s senior year.

Soon it will be the Class of 2018’s last time at Keller High. Graduation will be my last time surrounded by everyone who has made the past four years the best and the worst, reminiscing on my peers, my classes, and my teachers who have shaped the entire 2018 class and our outlook on life. It is scary yet exciting to begin reflecting on all the memories high school has provided me.

Ultimately, high school was neither a high nor a low point in my life – it was just somewhere in between. No matter how much you love high school, it should never be the highest point in your life. There is a world (believe it or not) beyond the walls of Keller High that is waiting for you. I, along with all of the other graduating seniors, will have a chance to turn our dreams and everything we have been working for these past four years into realities during college and beyond. You will, too. Work hard and enjoy your moments in high school, never taking the smallest things for granted, but do not forget that bigger and better things will come – high school is just a tiny part in your long journey you will soon embark on.