Faces of KISD

Indianette Drill Team Coach Christie Panno

Cindy Ciotta, Assistant Editor/KNDN

Indianette drill team coach Christie Panno has had a passion for dancing for as long as she can remember. She began dancing at a family friend’s studio at four years old and has stuck with dance ever since. Panno said, “Loving dance is like loving cheese; you just love it and there’s not really a reason.”

She has been in education for eleven years and this is her fifth year coaching dance and the Indianettes drill team. Panno said she appreciates dance for great exercise, performing, and having an outlet to be creative and expressive.

Panno adores the girls she coaches and savors the opportunity to dance with many students throughout their high school career for four years, instead of just one, and growing closer bonds with them. “The girls support each other, make each other laugh, and find value in what we do,” Panno said.

Panno grew up in Kansas City, Missouri, and moved to Texas when she was 16 years old. “Although changing schools was difficult, being apart of the drill team made it a lot easier to transition,” Panno said.

After high school, Panno attended TCU where she served as the captain of the Showgirls dance team. She received her bachelor’s master’s degrees in secondary science and originally planned to become a biology teacher. After college, Panno married her college sweetheart; she and her husband now have a two year old son.

Outside of school, Panno enjoys planning vacations and traveling. She loves visiting her brother in England. Over the summer she plans to go to Scotland, Ireland, and Iceland with her husband and son. Additionally, her family likes to garden and eat the produce they grow.

Cindy Ciotta, Co-Managing Editor

Hello! My name is Cindy Ciotta and I’m a managing editor. I’m a senior and  this is my third year writing for the Wigwam. We cover stories ranging...