Finally Time for Finals!

Study tips for final exams

Finally Time for Finals!

Jamie Hoover, Staff Writer

With the end of the year approaching, summer is definitely on the mind of every high school student. But unfortunately, before the school year ends we all have to do one thing…take our finals. Finals are a horrible, horrible thing that nobody likes to deal with, but face it, we all have to do it. So, we might as well give it all we got. To help everyone out, here are some tips to help you prepare and ace your finals.

As we all know, the best tip to do well on your finals is to not wait the night before to study. We all know the dates of our finals ahead of time, so there is no need to wait until the day, or even morning of, to start studying. Everyone’s guilty of this, but it is way more beneficial to study prior to your final. Studying for as little as 15 minutes a night will definitely help improve your test grade.

The next tip is to study in groups. Being in a study group is a good way to make studying fun because you are with your friends. Also, your study group can help you learn things that you might not understand on your own. Studying in groups can be fun; just make sure to stay on task.

One of my favorite ways to study is by using flashcards. Flashcards are so convenient because writing down what you need to know can really help you remember a term or phrase. Also, if you are too lazy to write down what you need to learn, the app Quizlet is perfect for you. Flashcards are a great tool to help you study because you can repeatedly practice.

My next tip goes back to tip #1 and that is to stay organized. If you do decide to not wait until the last minute to study (good for you), creating a calendar will help you know what to study for on what day. This is very helpful so you can remember what classes you want to study for which will help you manage your time.

Another helpful tip is pretty obvious, but it is to utilize teachers and tutorials. Teachers have tutorials for a reason so you might as well use them to your advantage. Even if your teacher isn’t available, there are so many other teachers you could talk to in order to get help.

My  last and final tip would just be to relax. Finals can be stressful, especially when we have one in every class, so keeping calm is a great way to to keep a stress-free mentality. Also, the more relaxed you are, the more confident you are, which will help you ace your finals.

Although finals are a pain, it’s only a few days and then you are can relax. Don’t give up just because summer is right around the corner. Try your best, give it all you’ve got, and good luck!