Teacher Spotlight: Sutton Stevens

McKenna Hixon , Staff Writer

One thing that everyone can agree on at Keller is that the people here are what make it great, especially the teachers. Keller has had many new, awesome teachers come into the district this year, including English teacher Sutton Stevens.

Stevens has been teaching English for the past three years, teaching at Timber Creek High School before coming to Keller. Stevens teaches freshman and senior English, and loves her job, not just for the teaching aspect, but having, “a platform to influence this generation.” She believes that the bigger part of her job is about building character.

Stevens went to Radford University in Virginia and Texas Tech. She played college volleyball and loves coaching.

Keller is very lucky to have such a compassionate, kind teacher who genuinely wants to touch the lives of her students and help them better themselves. She wants to remind each of her students that she’s here to build a relationship with them.

What Stevens values most about her job are the personal moments that she has with her students; those where she gets to talk about life with them. She’s looking forward to when she’s been at Keller for an extended period of time and will get to have the same students she had freshman year as a senior.

Ms. Stevens is such a kind and genuine young teacher that Keller is excited to have on staff. She has the potential to better the lives of any student who enters her class and is an asset to KHS.