Community Concert Calendar 3/1 through 3/15

Ben Wiche, Staff Writer

As the biting cold gives way to a warmer spring, so does a lackluster winter give way to heated spring concerts. And with spring break only a week away, there are more opportunities than ever for students to see their favorite artists.

Fort Worth

The Ridgelea Lounge will be hosting country star Jason Charles Miller on March 8, and Indie rockers Slightly Highly Lovely on March 9.

The Rail Club has a glut of metal shows including Sharpy on March 2, Rivethead on March 3, and Devil in the Details March 4. But don’t fret hip hop heads, because on March 13 Wu Tang Alum U God will be throwing down beats and rhymes.

Dallas

Trees has the Dead Milkmen coming on the first of the month, Otherwise on the tenth, and veteran punks the Cro Mags coming on the March 16.

The Bomb Factory has rapper Desiigner and Steve Aoki on the March 1, Fort Worth natives The Toadies on March 2, and nu metal icons Papa Roach on March 7.

The American Airlines Center has country superstar Blake Shelton playing on March 2, as well as pop superstars Demi Lovato and DJ Khaled co-headlining March 7.

Elsewhere

Dan’s Silverleaf in Denton will be hosting Indie Rockers Fisk on March 6, and Adult Mom on March 12.

AWOLNATION, best known for their hit song “Sail” will be coming to the Irving Music Factory March 3.

Upcoming Festivals

Vans Warped Tour will announce its lineup March 1. The popular punk/metal tour will be traveling the country for one last time this summer, making a stop at the Starplex Pavillion July 6.

SXSW returns to Austin March 12 through 18. Standouts include upcoming rappers Rich Brian, Princess Nokia, and Lil Xan, emo veterans Say Anything, hardcore punks IDLES, and Daryl ‘DMC’ Daniels.

Lil Xan will also be headlining 97.1’s springfest at Gas Monkey Live on March 15. Other performers include Blocboy JB, YBN Nahmir, and Trapboy Freddy.

That’s all for this time; be cool, be safe and have fun.