• Listen to NDN Radio at kndn.playtheradio.com

Love and change

Juliyanna McCracken, Staff Writer

If happiness can be compared to a cup of water half-full or half-empty, then love should be compared to a full glass. Love is not about someone else filling up your glass because you’re half-empty; true love is about what you can share with others, because you’re already full.

I think most would agree with this, but the confusion comes when attempting to answer the real question: “What is the water? What makes you happy; what can fill your glass?”

Our glass can only be truly filled with the love and happiness that comes from having a personal relationships with others. It is only because of the example of others. That is how we have an example of love, and it is only through the power of others that we can truly love.

A heart without compassion s self-slavery to our own emotional whims; compassion without heart is legalistic and meaningless, missing the point entirely – but, compassion and heart is love; true, unadulterated, unfiltered, encouraging, beautiful, unchanging, uncompromising, relentless, patient, persistent, LOVE.

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various authors and forum participants on this web site do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of The Wigwam or official policies of The Wigwam.
Juliyanna McCracken, Staff Writer

My name is Juliyanna McCracken. I am a senior at Keller High School. I have been on the newspaper staff for three years. My interests are reading and writing....