Upcoming Indian Theatre Events

Ashlyn Dodson, Staff Writer

With its mainstage shows done for the year, Indian Theatre has had time to focus on smaller, heavily student-facilitated productions. Bringing in new directors and ideas, the upcoming productions will showcase a different and refreshing side of Indian Theatre.

In late April, Indian Theatre will be showcasing a double feature, starting with The Book of Everything and followed by Flight of the Lawnchair Man. Shows will be at 7:00 p.m. April 19-21, with a 2:00 p.m. matinee on Saturday, April 21.

Directed by Indian Springs Middle School theatre teacher Sara Wetzel, The Book of Everything tells the story of Thomas Clopper, a bright boy with an imagination that gets him into trouble with his overly-strict father.

Loosely based on the endeavors of American truck driver Larry Walters, Flight of the Lawnchair Man follows Jerry Gorman as he follows his dream of flying. Unable to become a pilot, Jerry takes matters into his own hands and finds an unconventional way to take flight, meeting a set of quirky characters on his adventure.

Indian Theatre will also be hosting its fourth annual Class Play Festival, in which 40-minute student-directed shows from different theatre classes showcase their work and compete for different awards. The Indian Theatre Class Play Festival is on April 28, and the $10 tickets buy entry to all shows. Starting at 8:00 a.m., nine different plays will be showing: Radium Girls, And Then There Were None, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Lord of the Flies, The Last Lifeboat, The Miracle Worker, Hush: An Interview with America, New York, and Remember My Name.

This year, Class Play Festival presents a new level of competition. For the first time, Keller Central and Timber Creek High Schools will be hosting their own Class Play Festivals, and the top two shows from each school will move on to compete in a district competition.

The Keller ISD Class Play Festival is set for May 12.

Ashlyn Dodson, Staff Writer
Hi! I’m a sophomore, and this is my first year working on The Wigwam. Beside newspaper, I’m involved in our school’s theatre program, which is probably the only reason I haven’t dropped out of school yet. My biggest supporter is definitely my cat, Rant, who keeps me from ending it all. “Sweet Talk” by Saint...