Calling All Geniuses

Hannah Webb, Editor-in-Chief

If you’re decent with computers and looking for something to keep you occupied over the summer, I have the perfect job for you. The Keller ISD Genius Team is now accepting applicants for the upcoming summer and the 2018-2019 school year.

If you’ve never heard of the Genius Team before, you’re not alone. Prior to applying for my job there around this time last year, I had never heard of it, either. The Genius Team is a selected group of students that collaborates with teachers throughout the year to give them assistance in different aspects of classroom technology.

Over the summer, the Team invites KISD new-hires to schedule laptop appointments, during which the new-hire picks up their KISD laptop and is given a tutorial on how to use it and all of its applications by a member of the Genius Team. The Team members provide the new-hires with a rundown of all the basic technology-related processes they will need to understand during their time at Keller ISD.

The Team also creates written and video technology tutorials for students, parents, and teachers that relate to different applications and websites that Keller ISD uses. For example, this past year the Team created tutorials on websites such as Canvas and Home Access Center.

In addition, the hours are extremely flexible. Team members work 12 to 14 hours per week during the summer and four to six hours per week during the school year.

This job is a perfect opportunity for KISD students to gain professional experience before entering into the workforce after high school or during college. It also provides an opportunity to make professional connections for future occupations. I highly recommend applying to be a member of the Genius Team, as it has given me endless learning opportunities and allowed me to grow both as a student and a professional.

If you’re interested in completing the application for the upcoming year, visit the link below:

https://t.co/aux3rvLX1C

• Calling All Geniuses

Student Life

#686

• Calling All Geniuses

Student Life

Keller Band Update

• Calling All Geniuses

Student Life

Go Green or Go Home

• Calling All Geniuses

Student Life

Images Matter

• Calling All Geniuses

Student Life

Why You Should Join The Wigwam

• Calling All Geniuses

Student Life

What KCAL Can Do For You!

• Calling All Geniuses

Student Life

AP Testing Tips

• Calling All Geniuses

Student Life

Upcoming Indian Theatre Events

• Student Life

College Essays

• Calling All Geniuses

Student Life

Spring Cleaning

Calling All Geniuses