Why 2018 is Going to be the Best Year

Natalie Hornbaker, Staff Writer

Many New Year’s resolutions have already come to an end and people are beginning to realize that this year is just like every other year. Despite failing resolutions, this year still has potential to be the best.

With these four actions, your 2018 will make shape you to have the best year and life.

Having Self-Confidence

To do anything great, you have to be able to trust yourself and believe in your capabilities. Success is not something that just happens but something you create. You have to have the confidence to get rid of any negative voices in your head. Don’t give up on the things you believe in and most importantly, don’t give up on yourself.

Positivity

Choosing to be positive and having a good attitude will determine much about your life. If you set your mind to positivity, it can go a long way. Be positive, not passive. Instead of giving yourself reasons why you can’t or shouldn’t, give yourself reasons why you can and permission to go for it. Happiness doesn’t come from circumstances, but always from within.

Patience

There’s a fine line between moving forward and standing still. The most successful people do all they can to move forward, but they also have the patience to wait and watch. Those who are impatient tend to lose out on great opportunities. Sometimes you have to wait for the right thing.

Courageous

Doing anything great requires courage, but fear always has a way of showing up. Courage does not mean being unafraid; having courage and showing courage means facing your fears and continuing to move forward.

Natalie Hornbaker, Staff Writer
Hey I’m Natalie! I’m a senior here at KHS and I have been on The Wigwam staff for the past three years. I love traveling anywhere outside of Keller and listening to music that makes me dance or cry or both. I also love Harry Styles and enjoy laying in bed for majority of the...