Popular New Year’s Resolutions

Natalie Hornbaker, Staff Writer

Many resolutions fall through almost exactly after you make them. Here are some of the most popular New Year’s resolutions and how to make them stick throughout entire year.

Get in Shape

If you’re trying to get stronger and more healthy, try bringing a friend to the gym with you so you have someone to push you to improve.

Lose Weight

The key to weight loss lies in diet and exercise so eat healthy and workout more!

Enjoy Life to the Fullest

Enjoying life to the fullest lies not in making major life changes, but in actively practicing enjoyment of life as it currently is and focusing on the positive things life brings.

Spend Less, Save More

Setting a budget and looking for ways to cut costs is one of the most important steps to follow through with this resolution. Prioritize your needs vs. wants.

Spend More Time With Friends and Family

Set aside time each week to either call or meet up with a friend or family member. This will only make your life more joyful and you will have this time to look forward to in order to catch up with loved ones.

Get Organized

Avoid impulsive purchases so you don’t end up with more clutter and set aside 10 minutes each day to focus on unstressing and organizing things around you.

Learn Something New

Start small and build on your skills with time.

Travel More

Be specific about where you want to go, when you want to go there, and what you’d like to do when you get there.  This will help you put our plan into action.

Sleep Often

Good sleep is essential to overall health so make sure to try going to bed at the same time every night. Make your room your safe haven so this goal can be easily achieved.

Popular New Year’s Resolutions